Polish in Action language camps and courses cater for teenagers (aged 14-17) and adults interested in learning basic Polish and getting to know the region, Polish culture, art and history.
Polish in Action provides a varied cultural and practical programme combined with a course of basic Polish. The summer camps for teenagers are scheduled for 27.07-03.08.2014 and 08.08-10.08.2014 (other course dates and the programme are subject to individual arrangements). They are held in Gdańsk, a city with over a thousand years of history and a tradition of a multicultural and multi-lingual community. Indeed, it was already in the 17th century that Gdańsk became a “miniature of the united Europe”. In the 20th century, the city was a scene of dramatic events which had an immense impact on the shaping and development of democracy in the entire region of Central Eastern Europe. Sopot, a nearby town, is the most famous Polish holiday resort on the Baltic coast.
Gdańsk, Sopot and Gdynia
- over a thousand years of history marked with a tradition of a multicultural and multi-lingual community
- an area immensely rich in medieval, modern and contemporary history – the Second World War and the fight for democracy in Poland
- one of the principal candidates for the European Capital of Culture 2016
- a region made famous in art and literature of different nations
- superb historical monuments and tourist attractions
- exquisite views and magnificent landscape
- a vibrant centre of culture and entertainment
- an ideal place for a holiday, sports and relaxation combined with interesting history and culture